The United States of America has always been a nation of immigrants and shall forever remain one. The Nation’s population at any one time is always in three groups – Reluctant hosts, Willing immigrants and reluctant immigrants! All these three are however united in their faith and belief in the American citizen’s responsibilities to:
- Support and defend the US Constitution.
- Stay informed of the issues affecting their community and Country.
- Participate in the democratic process.
- Respect and obey federal, state, and local laws.
- Respect the rights, beliefs, and opinions of others.
- Participate in their local community.
- Pay income and other taxes honestly, and on time, to federal, state, and local authorities.
- Serve on a jury when called upon.
- Defend the country if the need should arise.
The first reluctant hosts were Native Americans; they reluctantly hosted the first willing immigrants from Europe. The first reluctant immigrants were African American slaves who helped build this country through sweat equity.
The Mission of the “Immigrant Nation” is to enable recent immigrants to stay informed of the issues affecting their communities and adopted country, and to lead them to participate in their local communities. We look forward to engaging those in transition from “them” to “us” to ensure that those things that make America strong are not lost in transition or translation. Always remembering that like President Obama said, for the majority of Americans,” before you were us, you were them” and we all shall be forever grateful to the Native Americans for welcoming us to this beautiful land although we have not always shown them gratitude.
In the final analysis, we aim to immense recent African immigrants and their families in American values to enable them adopt faster then promote those values in their countries of birth.